The Kohler Santa Rosa is among the most affordable one-piece toilets manufactured by Kohler which is a leading brand in the sanitary and plumbing industry. Kohler is also well-known for its reliable and quality service.
Although affordable, the toilet does not slack in terms of features and performance. It comes in 7 elegant and beautiful colors; Black, White, Almond, Biscuit, Ice Grey, Sandbar, and Dune.
While most toilets may not give you the luxury to unwind and relax, the Kohler Santa Rosa toilet offers great comfort as it complies with ADA Standards. Its compact design makes it ideal for both larger and smaller bathrooms giving your space a luxurious and elegant touch.
It boasts a flushing system that combines the shooting and swirling effect leaving you with a clean toilet. In addition, it is easy to clean as it only has few parts when compared to the two-piece toilets.
This Kohler Santa Rosa toilet review will delve deeper into these features, the pros and cons to help you in your toilet selection.
- Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet Review
- Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet Alternatives
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet Review
Technical Specifications of the Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet
|Features||Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet|
|Dimensions||31 x 20.75 x 29 (inches)|
|Colors Available||Black, White, Almond, Biscuit, Ice Grey, Sandbar, and Dune|
|Flushing Technology||Gravity Flush Toilets|
|Installation Method||Floor Mounted|
|Warranty||One year limited warranty|
Features of Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet
This model has very appealing and immense features. Let’s have a detailed look at each of the Santa Rosa toilet specs.
Low Water Consumption
The Kohler Santa Rosa comfort height toilet consumes only 1.28 GPF. However, this doesn’t mean it is weaker in flushing; it uses the AquaPiston technology that allows for an all-rounded 360 degrees flush while saving water. Also, the canister design provides leak protection as the seal material is 90% less exposed than the 3-inch flapper.
It is WaterSense Certified which means your water bills will be eligible for rebates.
Ergonomics and Unique Design
This toilet is made with vitreous China material that gives it a glossy appearance. The chrome trip lever contributes to its matching other bathroom fixtures.
It also features an elongated seat with a comfortable height which makes it easy to use by people of different ages. Though elongated, it has rounded corners that aid in preventing tight corners from having mildew, mold, or bacteria keeping your toilet clean.
The Kohler Santa Rosa toilet dimensions are 31 x 20.75 x 29 inches.
Powerful Flushing System
The toilet features an added shooting and boosting mechanism increasing the water effectiveness and power on each flush. It also has a trap-way that is fully glazed which prevents clogging by thoroughly cleaning the toilet with only one flush.
The Santa Rosa is a comfort height toilet which means it is 2-inches taller than most standard height toilets, which allow adults of different ages or disabled people to sit comfortably without squatting and stretching.
It is quite easy to install the Kohler Santa Rosa since it comes with provisions for mounting holes. These holes are beneficial when it comes to installing toilets on varying types of bathroom floors as well as making it stable.
Its installation is similar to other one-piece toilets that take up very little time and the DIY skills that may be required are minimal.
If you are looking for a pocket-friendly toilet, then the Kohler Santa Rosa is your best option. It is incredibly affordable considering it doesn’t compromise on quality.
Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet Pros & Cons
- One piece toilets integrate the tank and bowl into a seamless, easy to clean design
- Compact elongated bowl offers added comfort while occupying the same space as a round front bowl
Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet Alternatives
1. Kohler K-4007-0 San Souci
This toilet is sleek, beautiful, and compact. It’s low profile and unique design is bound to give your bathroom space a luxurious touch. Considering it is a one-piece toilet, it is easy to install, clean, and suitable for smaller bathrooms.
It’s AquaPiston technology plus the gravity system allows for effective flushing leaving no residual waste in the bowl.
Here is the complete review of the Kohler San Souci Toilet.
2. American Standard 5321A65CT.020 Champion
This one-piece toilet boasts of a quiet-close technology that reduces noise when opening and closing the toilet seat. It has an Easy Lift off feature as well as an EverClean Antimicrobial surface that allows for easy cleaning and prevention of mold and bacteria.
It also comes with a sleek design that seamlessly blends in with most bathroom décor.
3. American Standard 2403128.020 Compact Cadet 3
This toilet uses 1.28 gallons per flush which is very efficient when it comes to reducing your water bill. In addition, it is WaterSense Certified and has the FloWise technology that allows for further water conservation.
It is ADA compliant with a standard seat height including a slow-close seat ensuring no-slam convenience. The EverClean technology ensures that there is no growth of mold, stains, or bad odor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is the Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet a good Choice?
Yes, it is. Though quite affordable, the Kohler Santa Rosa is a one-piece toilet that comes with the revolutionary AquaPiston technology, in addition to its compact design. The Kohler brand is well-known for its production of high-efficiency toilets and the Santa Rosa is no exception. It boasts of features that will have you save on your water bill as it highly conserves water using only 1.28 gallons per flush.
Q2: What are the Steps for Installing the Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet?
- Ensure that the flange is ready – the hole should be open. You don’t need to worry if you already had an old toilet in the same position you intend to install the new toilet.
- Place the bolts on the flange. The holes are already created for the bolts to just slide in. Once you complete this process, slide down the wax ring which acts as a gasket between the toilet’s base and the flange.
- Assess the installation environment to ensure that the line supplying the water is not in a tight corner. If this is the case, this would be the appropriate stage to have it fixed to avoid problems in the future.
- Now, place the Kohler Santa Rosa toilet in. The best way would be to lift it from the seat and have it between your legs. Due to its asymmetrical shape, lifting it from another angle might cause it to fall and break. The toilet should perfectly fit into the bolts you had placed previously.
- Once the toilet is correctly in place and it’s not rocking, you can now put the bolt washer in. Look out for the instruction that reads “This Way Up”. Then add a nut. When using a plier to tighten the toilet, don’t make it excessively tight because it will be susceptible to cracking. We would recommend that you tighten the bolts manually instead of using a socket wrench so that you lessen the chances of breaking the bowl. If you are skilled and would know when to halt the tightening, then you can use the socket wrench.
- Connect the line that supplies water to the tank using your bare hands instead of tools. The reason is to avoid breaking the material or shifting the fill valve since the pipe and fittings are made of plastic.
- Once you have fixed the supply line, it’s necessary to try out if the toilet is actually working. Allow the water to fill the bowl and tank, put some toilet paper into the bowl then flush it severally to check if it works well without leakages and all. In case there’s a problem, you may have to get a plumber to check it out.
- Next, place the tank lid on, followed by the toilet seat, not forgetting to cover the bolts with the dust cap.
- Finally, another flush won’t hurt just to check if everything is working as it should.
Here is an exhaustive guide on how to install a bidet toilet seat in your bathroom
Q3: How can I effectively clean the Kohler Santa Rosa Toilet?
Before cleaning you’ll need: toilet cleaner, paper towels, eye protection wear, face mask, rubber gloves, sprayer cleaner, and a brush.
- First and foremost, remove any items on top of the tank cover and around the toilet to avoid splashing toilet water or toilet cleaner on them as well as preventing items from falling into the toilet bowl.
- Next, flush the toilet then pour cleaning detergent close to the rim of the toilet bowl to avoid dilution. Also, ensure that the lid of the seat is down to prevent splashing or spraying.
- As the solution is soaking in the bowl, you can use that time to clean the toilet’s exterior starting with the tank lid, the tank exterior, and the handle.
- Shift your attention to the toilet seat. Scrub it thoroughly then use a wet cloth to wipe the hinges and the seat.
- Now you can scrub the toilet bowl with the brush from the top moving downwards, also under the rim. Don’t hesitate to push the brush further into the drain hole as you scrub to remove stains.
- Once this is complete, wipe the Kohler Santa Rosa toilet parts with a paper towel then flush it for a clean rinse. Once in a while, you may need to get a plumber to help you clean the tank to prevent it from rusting.
A few Precautions to note when Cleaning:
- Consider the necessary safety measures you’ll need to take, especially using protective equipment since some of the solutions you may be using could irritate your body.
- Avoid using sponges. They are a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. If you don’t have an alternative, then ensure that they are first sterilized.
- Ensure that the detergents you are using are porcelain-friendly. The Kohler Santa Rosa toilet body is made of porcelain. So, avoid any products with chemicals that could damage it. You’d rather opt for popular cleaning brands if you aren’t sure.
We definitely recommend the Santa Rosa toilet from Kohler for a number of reasons; it is WaterSense certified as it meets the EPA standards; it features the AquaPiston flushing technology while it uses 1.28 gallons per flush yet eliminates all the waste subsequently conserving water.
It also comes in a variety of colors and you get to select one that goes along with the fixtures and fittings in your bathroom.
Another feature is the comfort height which means the toilet seat is two inches higher than popular models making it suitable for use by even people with disabilities. While there are other equally good Kohler toilets like the San Souci, Santa Rosa is a great option if you are on a budget.
This Kohler Santa Rosa toilet review has covered in great detail what you need to know while you make a decision on which toilet model to settle on.
Last update on 2020-07-15 at 23:56 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API